Welcome to the New Dog Cancer Care Forum

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself (and your dog)' started by admin, Apr 29, 2015.

1. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, my name is Ted Schneck. I'm the author of the book "Fighting Canine Cancer," and the creator of this Dog Cancer Care Forum. Welcome.

My personal experience with dog cancer began in 2006, when my dog Marty (the "Wonderdog") was diagnosed with cancer. At the time, his regular vet told me that the cancer was far advanced and that nothing could be done to help. She told me to take him home, love him, and wait for him to die within 3 months (or 6 months, perhaps, if we put him through thousands of dollars worth of painful and uncomfortable radiation treatments).

Since you're here, I'm sure you've received similar bad news - so I don't have to tell you how shocking and sad it was for me.

But instead of resigning myself to Marty's "death sentence," I began to frantically search for answers that would help. I made it my MISSION to learn everything I could about curing dog cancer, so I could help Marty win his cancer battle. And luckily for us both, I discovered some amazing teachers and vets, who showed us a whole new world of dog cancer care - one that most people (and even many vets) don't know exists.

Together, we were able to blow past Marty's original "expiration date" (5 times over) and share the next 17 full months together.

These were good times, happy times. And best of all, I never had to put him through the struggles of radiation, or chemo, or any of the conventional dog cancer treatments the vets recommended. Instead we used all natural remedies to cheat death for way longer than anyone (except Marty or me) believed possible. And throughout that time together ("bonus time," I call it), we were out in the back yard playing Frisbee - the thing he loved to do the most - and he was happy, strong, and very much alive.

We did so well with Marty's cancer care, that soon I started getting calls from friends and other people fighting dog cancer, wanting to know what we were doing to be so successful. And for a while I'd spend hours with them on the phone, explaining to them all the details of everything we were doing. Until, one day, a friend warned that there just wasn't enough time to tell everyone this information one-on-one, and suggested that I write everything I'd learned down in a book instead.

That's how I created my "Fighting Canine Cancer" book -- and the VIP members website, 15 additional dog cancer fighting bonuses, and 6 hours of live expert audio interviews, etc., that go with it. My goal from the start was to share everything I've learned over the years to help dog owners fight to save their dog from cancer -- and create the "One-Stop Dog Cancer Resource" I wish had existed when Marty and I first started down this healing path.

And it's why I've created this Dog Cancer Care Forum -- so dog owners have a place where they can come together to share information and find support as they work to save their dogs.

I hope the information you find here helps you and your dog in this fight against dog cancer - and that Marty can live on through each and every dog that lives longer as a result. And, as always, please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to help.

Warmly,
    Ted Schneck
    Author of the book "Fighting Canine Cancer"
    and founder of "The Dog Cancer Support Group"

2. Janine

Janine New Member

Thank you Ted! My Australian Cattle Dog Jack age seven was just diagnosed with T-cell lymphoma stage three. I'm waiting for results from Oncologist to determine if it is indolent or the aggressive type. Either way it's not good news. I'm looking forward to learning all I can from your experience. So bless you for sharing your journey. I feel less alone now and hope to experience the quality time you had with Marty.

Jane&Odin likes this.
  3. Ed Miceli

Ed Miceli New Member

Ted, thank you so much for starting this site and the forums. There are a lot of people and their pets thrown into this chaotic situation and as you and I know they need support and direction how to deal with this terrible disease. I'm here for anyone who wants to contact me regarding my recent experience with dealing with a dog with Lymphoma, going through chemo treatment and then dealing with the loss of a great true friend.

Ed

4. Sita

Sita New Member

Ted, my German Shepherd Sita, was diagnosed by my vet as having bone cancer. Not sure if it has spread as I will be having a chest x-ray next

5. PamC

PamC New Member

6. PamC

PamC New Member

Thank you so much for starting this forum to help pet owners share information and stories about this terrible disease. Our pug/beagle, Millie, 8 YO, was diagnosed with cutaneous t-cell lymphoma in August. She had the mass (pad of her foot) surgically removed the end of July with a suspicious biopsy which was confirmed with staining. Margins did not come back clean, so she has had four radiation treatments to her foot. The fourth radiation has resulted in sloughing off of skin and her foot is swollen. She now has an e-collar because of licking of foot, and she will not put any weight on it. Hoping this will resolve soon. We will fight this disease until she tells us enough. Hoping there is a cure for canine lymphoma soon!

7. Hunter&BFF

Hunter&BFF New Member

Thank you Ted for all the information and thoughts. This is a hard time for all of us especially my little buddy Hunter, he is a Cavalier King Charles Terrior Mix, and he is the strongest one of us. He has a type oh lymphoma near his ear canal. We are contemplating a surgery but wanted to see what the Dog World may have to offer.

8. SueLynn1945

SueLynn1945 New Member

Ted - My beautiful chocolate lab, Shamus, has recently been diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma. At present, he has a tumor in his mouth that has doubled in size since first detected three weeks ago. My vet is not able to do surgery as it is in such a bad spot that she would have to remove a good part of his jaw, etc. Upon her advice, I got a second opinion from a board-certified veterinary surgeon who did not recommend surgery either. She felt it would be too invasive; and, at 12 years old would affect his quality of life. In addition, the x-rays show a "shadow" on a lymph node in his thought which she suspects is cancer as well. Her advice to me was to keep him happy and as healthy as possible and let him be Shamus. At this point, I don't know what to expect going forward. The thought of losing him is much more than I can bear to think of.
    Susan