Newly diagnosed

Discussion in 'Canine Lymphoma' started by Rockin robin, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Rockin robin

Rockin robin New Member

We just got our diagnosis today....my golden retriever just turned 9 in Feb but she has lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks and was having a hard time going BM.... Lots of straining and tar like poop. Went to the vet 2 weeks ago and he gave her remydahl and another for constipation and seemed to help for a week or so but this Wed she wasn't eating again and very legargic so that is when we discovered how much weight she had lost. Ultrasound today confirmed it is in her spleen and liver. I am more than devistated as I love her so much. We are going to oncologist this Tues but need to know what to ask and what kind of expectations should I have. And should I investigate holistic ideas.

2. Ted Schneck (Founder)

Ted Schneck (Founder) Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the forum.

As someone who specializes in teaching people about alternative, holistic dog cancer care, I want to encourage you to "YES," definitely investigate holistic options for your dog's cancer care.

I can't say what your oncologist is going to tell you when you meet next week, but I've worked with thousands of dog guardians over the years, and unfortunately, the most common oncologist recommendations that I hear seem to be similar to the ones given to me by my original (conventional) vet when my dog Marty (the "Wonderdog") was first diagnosed -- chemo or radiation (or even worse, p rednisone) treatments that will slow the cancer for just a few short months before having to say goodbye.

I don't know about you, but those just didn't seem like useful solutions to me. And while it may seem like a dead end, let me encourage you to look further into holistic alternatives like the ones that I describe in my Fighting Canine Cancer Book and Bonus Package, that can help.

After a period of discouragement, I did, and with the help of our new Holistic Vet and a lot of other research and experts, Marty and I were able to stay together for about 5x longer than my original vets though possible.

Like I said, I can't predict what your vet will tell you when you meet next week -- and if he does recommend any options that offer hope for a long term solution then I would definitely recommend that you consider them -- but if not (which, sadly, is often the case), then I definitely encourage you to look into alternative holistic options (through my Fighting Canine Cancer book or otherwise) that can offer hope and opportunities to go beyond the limits of many conventional dog cancer options.

I hope this helps.

Warmly,
    Ted Schneck
    Founder of this forum and Author of the Book
    "Fighting Canine Cancer"

#2 Ted Schneck (Founder), Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  3. Janice

Janice New Member

Hi Robin, I'm going through the same thing with my golden, Brady, of 10 1/2 years old. He was diagnosed with lymphoma about 3 1/2 weeks ago. Normal white blood count is suppose to be under 18,000 and his was like 245,000 neither the Vet nor the lab had seen any that high. He was vomiting and had diarrhea and quit eating, he lost weight really fast also. I decided I had nothing .to lose, so I decided to treat him holistically. I found information on line about a German doctor, Dr. Budwig, that discovered a cure for lymphoma among other cancers, and she had an almost 100 % success rate among people. Brady is improving. His gums are no longer white, they are starting to pink up some, no more diarrhea or vomiting, and his appetitie has returned. He is putting weight back on gradually, and he has a voraccious appetite, so he should be back to his normal weight before long. I am feeding him a raw meat/raw vegetable diet and giving him the protocol from Dr. Budwig, (2 parts organic cottage cheese and 1 part cold pressed flax seed oil mixed together with and immersion blender) and oil of frankinsence (2 drops on the roof of his mouth). I give him all this about 3 times a day or more. He has only been on this diet about 2 1/2 weeks, it takes about 10 weeks to 3 months to completely heal then and then you have to keep them on a maintenance for 2 years so it doesn't come back. I hear cancer is common in goldens, but I'm not giving up. The Vet said he would only live about 2 weeks to 2 months on chemo, so I chose to treat him naturally.

I wish you all the best and if you need any more information, I would be glad to share with you.

Janice

4. Cynthia

Cynthia New Member

Hi Rockin robin,
    I am sorry that I am just responding to your message. I just joined the group. I have the same exact problem with my almost 4year old poodle. The news is devastating. I tried Elspar (conventional chemo) and it really makes him sick and out of it for a while. I started working with a homeopathic doctor. She told me to get Yunnan Biyaio and China to stop bleeding. It was working, but now his stools are stating to get Tarry again. I have him on other things and he did gain some weight. The homeopathic doctor told me that his regimen will probably change over time. I am open to try other alternatives, since the traditional alternative are harsh and does not cure the problem

5. Denny

Denny New Member

Hi Janice, not sure if u r still monitoring this site. We r trying this with our little fur baby Bailey, a Yorkie, with B cell lymphoma, just started some throw up and diaherra. Thinking of putting the oil of Frank.. on my finger and get in her mouth. Thx u for putting this info up!

6. Lena

Lena New Member

Hi Janice,
    Thank you for your message very helpful. I am also interested in adding Budwig diet to the raw diet that my dog Charlie with Limphoma is on now. I wanted to ask in order to add this diet what do I need to know ? Do I simply add the mixture to his raw diet 3 times per day ?