New to site

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself (and your dog)' started by Becky, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Becky

Becky New Member

My name's Becky and I'm sitting here at work anxiously awaiting for the results of the bone biopsy done on my sweet Golden Retriever, Danny. Hope is high that it isn't bone cancer although the xrays showed some bone changes. The lump is just under his right eye and to date does not appear to be painful for him. The xrays and the needle aspiration were both inconclusive. So I wait, and I hope. Danny is only 6 and has always been healthy.

2. TheCure

TheCure New Member

How did it go?

3. Becky

Becky New Member

Still anxiously awaiting the results. Danny is doing well currently. If he does have cancer it certainly isn't slowing down his appetite.

4. TheCure

TheCure New Member

My dog Sadie was just found with a very large mass on her spleen. We never knew it was there.

5. Becky

Becky New Member

It's sad isn't it. One day all seems well and the next, you get a diagnosis like this. I know in people spleen can be removed

6. TheCure

TheCure New Member

They gave her "days to weeks" on the first visit. It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow. As long as she's still happy and not in pain, we will keep her on the best holistic approach that will give her the longest and best quality of life.

If it helps the tumor go down, we will thank the Lord for his help. All we can do now is pray.

7. Becky

Becky New Member

This is such a hard journey. I, too, believe in the power of prayer. As well as holistic methods to help boost the immune system and keep the pain down. As it turns out, my vet called me yesterday and according to the pathology my does does not have cancer. But even when I was believing he did, everyday I heard a word of encouragement on the radio. God's got it all under control, He knows every situation, He gives you strength when you need it and is your strength when you just can't do it anymore. The last 2 weeks have been the longest 2 weeks. But I felt God's presence throughout.

8. TheCure

TheCure New Member

I thank God every day for allowing us a little more time with Sadie. She is still not showing any signs of pain, and still wants to play and go for walks daily.

It has now been 2 weeks and 2 days since the vet said days to weeks left