My five year old furbaby was just dx with lymphoma

Discussion in 'Canine Lymphoma' started by Nicole caudell, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Nicole caudell

Nicole caudell New Member

hello,
    My five year old German Shepherd/lab mix Roxy was just dx with lymphoma. We started chemo on Tuesday and we are due to go back this coming Tuesday as well. My question is, how do you know if your dog is in pain during this? I want her to live a happy life and don’t want to be selfish by putting her through the ringer so to speak. Any advice is welcomed. Thank you!

2. Jaq14

Jaq14 New Member

Hi There, really sorry to read about your fur baby, I have a 12 yr old Boxer, she was diagnosed with Tcell Lymphoma 1st of March 2018, she's had it roughly 12 weeks now, she's doing ok at the moment, we originally opted for Chemo, but after 2 lots it was clear it was going to kill her quicker than the Lymphoma, she didn't respond well at all & developed serious diarrhoea & her white blood cells plunged to a dangerous low level she also developed an infection & was clearly suffering, so much so we nearly ended it there & then..Shes now just on steroids..Ok so here's what I'm doing to try to keep her going as long as I can (Oh they originally gave her 6weeks) I have never in all my life researched something so avidly, so quickly in all my life, ive emailed so many people like Holistic Vets, other Conventional Vets, Holistic healers, looked into herbs, essential oils I've watched videos, brought more books on Canine Cancer than there is books in a library!! Seriously my family think I've lost the plot ( I haven't, I never had the plot to start with!) I've done nothing else for weeks but live to learn all i can..Ok well dogs don't generally suffer Chemo side effects like we do, so if you can get to the end of 3/4 treatments without what happened to my baby, happening to yours, then your in with a chance she will get through it, but theres never any guarantees, if shes eating, sleeping & being her normal self, then it's doubtful she's in pain, if shes unrested, moving from place to place, can't settle & panting then she probably is in pain, I'm told that Lymphoma until it's nearing the end is generally painless..Heres what I'm doing for Jasmine, I must be doing something right, because our regular Vet & our Oncologist both say she's looking so healthy its, hard to believe she's dying , our family say she's looking the healthiest she's ever looked! It's hard not to get upset, but try not to get upset around your dog, she needs all the positive, upbeat vibes around her, tell her every day many times you love her, she's a clever girl, laughter and happiness round her is important (Honestly I'm not a crackpot I'm told this in the books & by numerous Vets) if you need to cry, go do it were she won't hear or sense you..I changed Jasmines diet to Raw Food (believe me it's best as all the carbs in kibble feeds the Cancer...Sugar feed Cancer) Your Vet may not like Raw Food but if you research Raw Food & Cancer you will see there are 100's of Vets that do & Jasmibe is thriving on it....Next I spoke to tonnes of people about supplements, there's a supplement called "Life Gold " for Cancer in dogs it has a huge 5* rating for helping prolong dogs lives with Cancer, I also give her something called Petsiac & something called Astragalus Ligustrum also Broccoli Sprouts (it's a powder) and Powdered Mushrooms You will find all these supplements on a website called "Land of Holistic Pets" (Except the life gold, google that & you will find it) fantastic guy called George Burns, it's his website & company, he helped me a lot ..I also give her CBD Oil, now this is were you may come unstuck with your vet because many say it's good, many say no way!! Research it..Its cannabis oil (without the THC so no hallucinations) loads of pets are on it & let's face it, none of this can kill her, the Lymphona is doing that! So I say anything is worth a try..Jasmine also had a UTI I gave her Cranberry & Echinacea powder (6 weeks on antibiotics couldn't clear it..took her off the antibiotics & 2 weeks on the powder & it's gone!) I don't have the answers to it all, I'm just doing what feels right & my dogs living, still playing with our other two dogs (changed their life style to!) She still going walks (not to far now, she tires easy) she's still up & wagging her none tail stump!! If anyone comes to the house, still up for a fuss..For how much longer I dont know, but ive already had 6 more weeks than they gave her, which has been time to play, time to love, quality time.. I'm going to feel devastated when I lose her, but greatful that she will pass having had these extra good times..I wish you all the look in the world with your baby, I pray for a miracle for us both..If I can help in any way then let me know. .Good luck xxx

#2 Jaq14, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018