My dog Harley (cairn terrier)

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself (and your dog)' started by Kat, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Kat

Kat New Member

Harley, my cairn terrior was 13 on July 29, 2017 and on November 9, 2017 we lost his life partner Nina (shih tzu) to COPD. In the spring of 2017 Harley's liver values started to increase but not dramatically. I had the bloodwork done several times since then with a full panel in mid December. In November he was tested for cushings which came back negative and was put on ursodiol and denamarin. In mid December the ALT had gone down but not the ALP and with the full panel there were a couple of other levels which were concerning to me so I made an appt with an internist. On December 26, 2017 my worst fears came true. Harley was diagnosed with hepotocellular carcinoma. The mass is about 4.7 cm (large for his size) and on the right side so they do not believe it can be removed. My only option is chemoembolization which is $5,000 and and will buy him maybe 6 months. Without treatment they have given him a timeframe of around 6 months. Has anyone else used this treatment? If so what can you tell me about it.

Attached Files: