My 5 yr old Tibetan Terrier, Poppy, has a High grade b cell lymphoma

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself (and your dog)' started by Anne, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Anne

Anne New Member

Had the diagnosis this week and I feel shattered! Poppy is beautiful girl with such a pleasant nature it doesn't seem real. She is now on 2 high dosage steroids a day and Zitek to protect her stomach. She is drinking 10 times her usual amount and will not eat anything resembling dog food in fact other than a proper Sunday roast the only food she is showing any interest in is scrambled eggs with puppy milk, sausages or corn beef. I have spent a fortune on different foods trying to entice her and have cried a river of frustration when she turns her nose up as everything! Today has been a good day but tomorrow may not be - that is just the way it goes.

2. Ted Schneck (Founder)

Ted Schneck (Founder) Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Anne,

This is Ted Schneck, the founder of this website...

I'm so sorry to hear about Poppy. I know first hand how difficult this battle can be.

My most important concern is to make sure that you're getting all of the information that you need to get her the best possible care.

In particular, I'd like to caution you about just using for her treatment...

I have a website that I run called CanineLymphoma.com, that can hopefully help steer you in the right direction. Check out this link and it will tell you more...

http://www.caninelymphoma.com/

and search for the name of the steriods treatment that you're using (for some reason, the website won't let me type it in here)

I hope this helps. Please let me know how everything goes, and
    if there is ever anything else I can do to help.

Warmly,
    Ted Schneck

3. LoriDee

LoriDee New Member

Hi Anne,
    I share your pain about Poppy. I just got Bailey's diagnosis this week, but I knew from the lumps and how quickly they appeared that it wouldn't be good. She's undergoing her first chemo treatment today and it's all I can think of - I'm at work and on the verge of tears constantly. I'm so nervous about side effects of the chemo, especially since this is the first time and I have no idea how she'll react (she's getting the COP profile). How was Poppy after treatment? I know the deflated feeling when they turn their nose up at food - thankfully Bailey is still eating fairly regularly - just less. Is Poppy eating any better now?

Lori