Let them live a comfortable & happy life as long as possible. Chemo extends life only a few months.

Discussion in 'Your Best Dog Cancer Advice...' started by Elaine, May 3, 2017.

1. Elaine

Elaine New Member

Rather than the agonizing & depressing cancer treatments , let your dog live his life.

Increase supplements known to help their pain, spirit, & strength.
    Give them appropriate food, never food that is inferior. Expensive food requires less feedings & is more satisfying.

Always have clean ( filtered, bottled, even distilled water) for them. And Love Them.

2. Elaine

Elaine New Member

3. Lindal

Lindal New Member

Elaine, I totally agree with you. My dog Holly had lymphoma and was diagnosed on Febr
    Elaine, I agree with you 100 percent. Our dog Holly was diagnosed with lymphoma on February 15 of this year. She was 9 years old. I have a great vet and he told me that there is no cure just an extension of her life with chemo. Do I want to do it for her and make her go through hell and just prolong the inevitable or give her the best last few months of her life. We put her on prdiszone which help her get through some rough time, but that was it. Her days were filled with the food she loved and treats. She loved sitting on the patio and just watching the birds, so that is what we did. I made everyday the best day it could be for her. She got really sick on May 10 in the morning and we knew it was time. I am crying my eyes out typing this, but knowing that I did the right thing for her.I did not want her last days to be just about chemo and going back and forth to the vet. I wish you the best.

lucy and 4-year old Bruno like this.
  4. lucy

lucy New Member

I agree with you Elaine. My little Joey has bone cancer in his back leg. He is almost 13. Amputate the leg?
    This will only give him a few more months. Give him a quality life to the end. When he is overcome with pain
    we will help him go. Heartbreaking but the right thing to do. Lucy