Here for lily

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself (and your dog)' started by Lily, May 18, 2017.

1. Lily

Lily New Member

hello my name is Ashley I have a 10 1/2 year old pure bred boxer named lily . Today we found out she has lymphoma , I am completely devastated and don't really know what to do , the vet couldn't get a cell culture so they have scheduled us to come back next week , they wouldn't give us any meds untill the tests come back , even tho they said she most definitely has it . Her belly and neck are really swollen and she drinks so much water it's scary .

2. Lindal

Lindal New Member

Hi Ashley, I am so sorry to hear about your dog Lily. I know what you are going through my Cavalier King Charles was diagnosed on Valentines day this year with lymphoma. The Vet told me I could do Chemo but that it was not a cure it would just extend her life by maybe a year or so. I could not afford it and I did not want to put her through it. They told me that she had about three months to live. They were right. The beginning of May, the third month she was having trouble drinking water and eating, she was panting heavily all the time, because the glands in her neck were so swollen. On May 10 about a week ago she had gotten worse, she looked at me with her big brown eyes and I knew she was just ready, she was suffering too much. So that afternoon, even though it wasn't what I wanted to do, I did it for her. The Vet said when I brought her in it was time. I can't stop crying, I miss her so much. My heart goes out to you.