Clarabelle Tailfeathers is Doing Great

Discussion in 'Canine Transitional Cell Carcinoma Related' started by Nancy Westrell, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Nancy Westrell

Nancy Westrell New Member

We are about 7 months post-diagnosis. She had a third ultrasound in August, and the tumor is still shrinking. She has been celebrating life with nose work (she earned her Nose Work 3 Elite Title) and flyball with the Portland Tail Blazers. Just ran close to full time at the Stumptown Racers tournament in Ridgefield WA. Basically, she's symptom free except for tiny amounts of blood in her urine. I'm starting to hope again that she may live out her normal lifespan! [​IMG]

Jane&Odin and Kelli like this.
  2. Ted Schneck (Founder)

Ted Schneck (Founder) Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for your update Nancy. I'm glad to hear that she's doing so great, and living life so joyously.

I used to be a Portland Trailblazers season ticket holder, so maybe I've seen her race!!!

Please let me know how everything goes, and
    if there is ever anything else I can do to help.

Warmly,
    Ted Schneck

3. Nancy Westrell

We've had a setback since I last wrote. Bella had an ultrasound in December, and we found out the tumor had increased by 50%. It's still pretty small and causing no symptoms. Changed her treatment by adding mitoxantrone to the piroxicam, which involves IV infusion of the mitoxantrone every 3 weeks. She has had two treatments now, for a total of five. After the next treatment, we'll see if there's been any improvement in the tumor.

4. Nancy Westrell

Another setback found in the latest ultrasound. The overall size of the tumor isn't much larger, but it has started moving into Bella's right ureter. This may lead to blocking it and damaging that kidney. She has on more mitoxantrone treatment coming up next week. Vet added another daily chemo component to her regimen - Chlorambucil. She will continue taking Piroxicam, too. She is still not experiencing ANY symptoms from her tumor, other than blood in her urine. She's still my happy girl, who was voted MVP in flyball for 2016. Right now, she's wrestling with my youngest dog, waiting for breakfast!