CBD Supplement

Discussion in 'Cancer Fighting Supplements' started by Nancy Westrell, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Nancy Westrell

Nancy Westrell New Member

I've been giving my two older dogs cannabidiol supplements, for arthritis. When Bella was diagnosed with bladder cancer, I increased her dosage. There's some research that suggests that these hemp chemicals might shrink tumors and cut off the blood supply to tumors. This is hemp, with no psychoactive THC.

bpeddle likes this.
  2. bpeddle

bpeddle New Member

I have heard this too! I have also heard that cannabis oil (hemp oil) can cure cancer in dogs. Has anyone had success with this natural treatment?

3. Nancy Westrell

People need to be careful, because THC is toxic. It needs to be an industrial hemp supplement, with no THC. There is very little research done on this, but since my dog was already on it, with no adverse reactions, I thought I'd give it a try.

4. Nancy Westrell

Good news this week! Bella had a second ultrasound and they found that the tumor is almost half the size it was at her first ultrasound. I'm over the top happy, didn't dare hope for such good results. There's no way to sort out what has been effective, though I'm inclined to believe it is the combined approach of a carb-free diet, supplements to boost her immune system, the piroxicam and CBD working together. It's a damned shame that this country can't get over it's hangups about hemp, so research could be conducted for dogs and humans, about CBD benefits. The radiologist recommended having another ultrasound in 3-6 months - will see what the oncologist recommends this week. Hooray for my Baby Bella!

Jane&Odin likes this.
  5. Snowflake

Snowflake New Member

Hooray for your baby Bella!!! I am so happy for her and for you!! I am posting a reply cause I would like to pick your brain on what you have done (or not done) for your girl. My 12 year old dachshund was diagnosed with TCC on march 31st. Did an ultrasound and there it was. I started to cook organic food for her. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans and organic chicken. She is on Standard Process Immune system support and on Vetri Science UT strength canine and on Previcox 57 mg 1/2 tablet once a day. I would like to start her on Graviola. Just can't find the right answers and I was wondering if you have heard of it. Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from you.

6. Nancy Westrell

Hi! How big is her tumor? Bella's was rather small - size of a cherry when discovered. That may make a difference. So - stop the sweet potatoes - too many carbs! I put Bella on a no-carb diet, not just grain free, no sugars, no starches. I'm feeding a good quality canned food and varying the meats. She can't have chicken or beef. Added a vitamin supplement - Nupro Silver - which also contains joint-health supplement, since she's 10. Added two different mushroom capsules, which I sprinkle on her food, apparently yummy. Then she gets a Max CBD from Cannapet (hemp) capsule sprinkled on her food, which may be part of why the tumor is shrinking.

I don't know about the other things you mentioned, like Previcox or Gravinex, sorry.

Good luck - I hope you get good news when you have the second ultrasound. When will that be? Now the oncologist wants us to wait 3 months for the 3rd ultrasound.

7. Snowflake

Snowflake New Member

My baby's tumor was rather big and is already embedded in the bladder wall. Hers was 35 mm. Pretty big for a dachshund if you ask me. I will sure stop the sweet potatoes. Thanks for the tip! That's why I'm glad I found this forum and can talk to people like you who are dealing with the same issue. What kind of can food are you giving? Are you not giving chicken and beef cause of an allergy? And what kind of meat are you giving? And do you give it raw or cooked? I am so sorry about all the questions but it is so heartbreaking to find out that your baby has this TCC that all you want to do is find out anything you can. Previcox is a non steroidal anti inflammatory drug. Compare to piroxicam. I have not set up another appointment for the second ultrasound yet.
    Thank you so much for your reply! I will probably have more questions for you if you don't mind. Give Bella a big hug from me

8. Nancy Westrell

Yes, her tumor is a little larger than Bella's. What kind of symptoms did you see, that led to an ultrasound? We caught this one early, which is why she's not having any symptoms at all. I feed her WILD CALLING canned food. They call it a rotational diet, so she gets fish, turkey, rabbit, lamb, bison and duck. She is allergic to chicken and beef, which is why I dont feed those meats. But I don't do any other meat, raw or cooked. Bella's second ultrasound was supposed to be 6 weeks after the first, probably got it scheduled more like 7 1/2 weeks later.

9. Nancy Westrell

You might be interested in this research about combining two meds: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12576466
    They show some promising outcomes. I was going to suggest this to the oncologist if the tumor didn't respond to the treatment we're doing now.

10. Snowflake

Snowflake New Member

Snowflake had a growth removed from her left shoulder/fore arm. Three days later I noticed she was urinating blood. I was thinking of just a UTI since she had a bad UTI after she had her back surgery 6 years ago. That's when they saw the cells that where not supposed to be in her urine. She has no food allergies so I can feed her whatever sort of meat. I will check the link you have send me. Thank you so much!!

11. BPF

BPF New Member

why can she not have chicken or beef?

12. Nancy Westrell

Unrelated to the cancer or cancer treatment issues - she's allergic to both.

13. Tami Cremen

Tami Cremen New Member

How is Bella now? I am giving hempworx pure cbd oil, industrial organically grown with trace amounts of thc, specifically for pets but they sell to humans as well. I read fantastic things about hemp oil for pets and humans. Thank you for sharing...

14. susan sellers

susan sellers New Member

15. susan sellers

susan sellers New Member

5/1
    Hello
    My 12 year old dog has bladder cancer vet says. She says it's taking up about 50% of bladder. I'm giving him suoplements, feeding him a healthy diet. He takes a medicine for pain vet have him. I don't think he can take "peroxican" (not sure spelling correctly) because he has heart murmur. I thought I read a pure form of CBS oil okay for dog (and safe if less than .3% thd). Have you been told something different? I want to find a good pure, CBD oil for him. I want to do all I can for Earl. He's getting some vitamin c, tumeric, maitake mushroom, broccoli, spinach etc. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks, Susan